UPDATE: Four Windsor murder suspects on top 25 most wanted list

Director of the Bolo Program, Max Langlois. (Screenshot from Top 25 List news conference on April 26, 2022)

Police have a message for 25 suspects wanted in some of the worst crimes in the country, give yourself up.

The Bolo Program, or Be On the Lookout, released a list of the 25 most wanted criminals Tuesday morning, and suspects in three Windsor murders were on it.

Those who give police information leading to an arrest can collect a reward. For the suspects in the Windsor murders, it’s $50,000. For the man at the top of the list, it’s $250,000.

Toronto Police want Abilaziz Mohamed in the shooting death of 43-year-old Craig McDonald in the parking lot of a Toronto restaurant last October. Police are offering the reward until October 2022.

Nouraldin Rabee, wanted for the murder of 16-year-old Chance Gauthier.

Nouraldin Rabee, wanted for the murder of 16-year-old Chance Gauthier.

The man wanted for the kidnap and murder of 16-year-old Chance Gauthier is fourth on the list. Windsor Police have been looking for Nouraldin Rabee since February 14, 2018, after his body was discovered in an alley.

Tamara Cherry with Bolo read aloud a statement from his family during the news conference.

“Knowing that he left our son to die helpless, bleeding and beaten and having no regard for his suffering or his life rocks us to our core every single day. No parent should ever have to experience this agony,” she read. “Seeing the face of the man who killed our son all over the news and social media will cause us to relive that nightmare all over again. But this is also driving us to release this statement because this man must be caught.”

The reward for Rabee’s arrest is up to $50,000.

Police and the program offer the same amount for information leading investigators to Mohamed Hagi.

A warrant has been issued for Mohamud Abukar Hagi on murder charges. (Photo courtesy Windsor police)

A warrant has been issued for Mohamud Abukar Hagi on murder charges. (Photo courtesy Windsor police)

Early the morning of December 22, 2007, police found the body of Luis Acosta-Escobar in an alley off of Pelissier Street. There had been a fight outside the Box Office Bar, a local nightclub. Acosta-Escobar was shot multiple times, leaving behind his partner and a 19-month-old son.

Hagi is 14th on the list, while Yusuf Ali is 20th.

Police want Ali after they found the body of 73-year-old Leonard Damm inside his home on Bloomfield Road in February 2018.

A fourth case involves the discovery of a body in a field in Chatham-Kent.  Police found the remains of 18-year-old Riad Baroud in a bush lot off Vasik Line near Hwy. 401.  He was last seen getting into a white Toyota with the suspect, Savang Sychantha, and a second person on April 22, 2002.  Sychantha worked at Pizza Supreme at the corner of Pillette Road and Wyandotte Street East.

“Someone, somewhere, knows something,” said Cherry.

Yusuf Ali wanted on a charge of first degree murder.

Yusuf Ali wanted on a charge of first degree murder.

Director of the Bolo Program, Max Langlois, explained to reporters how it chose those 25 suspects.

“The top ten are exclusively homicides. That’s the gravest crime in our criminal code. But we also made sure there was a certain diversity,” said Langlois. “You’re going to see some human trafficking cases, armed robberies, attempted murder.”

It is the first time Bolo has released a top 25 list and the first time it has offered an award of $250,000 for one of its cases.

Information about the cases is posted on social media, billboards, and within communities where the suspects may be hiding.