Salad kits being recalled due to Listeria
The Dole Canada Company has issued a recall for 13 different salad kits due to possible Listeria contamination.
The Dole and President’s Choice brand salads all have best before dates of January 8 or January 9 and have been sold nationally.
The recalled products include the following:
• Dole – Garden Salad 340g
• Dole – Very Veggie 283g
• Dole – Greener Selection 312g
• Dole – American Blend 340g
• Dole – Asian Island Crunch Supreme Kit 368g
• Dole – Southwest Salad Supreme Kit 369g
• Dole – Chop Chop Kit Peppercorn Ranch 257g
• Dole – Chop Chop Kit Teriyaki Pineapple 276g
• President’s Choice – Garden Salad 340g
• President’s Choice – Mixed Greens 340g
• President’s Choice – Ranch Salad Kit 347g
• President’s Choice – Sesame Ginger Kit 369g
• President’s Choice – Southwest Salad Kit 369g
Listeria can cause a variety of symptoms including vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. In severe cases, it can cause death.
Currently, no illnesses have been reported.