Unattended cooking fire in downtown Windsor costs $50K

BlackburnNews.com file photo of emergency crews, August 25, 2015. (Photo by Jason Viau)

Windsor fire officials say food left to cook while unattended was the cause for a fire that broke out in the downtown area late Tuesday afternoon.

At around 5 p.m., crews were called to an upgraded fire on Dougall Avenue south of Giles Boulevard West. The fire was quickly put out while Windsor firefighters worked to ventilate and overhaul the building.

Thankfully, no one was hurt during the incident.

Fire investigators determined the cause was due to unattended cooking and damage is pegged at $50,000.