Walk-ins welcome at mass vaccination sites
All mass vaccination sites in Windsor-Essex are now accepting walk-ins.
Same-day appointments can also be booked at all sites through wevax.ca
The Windsor Essex County Health Unit said appointments are available for both first and second doses of either mRNA vaccine. The public health agency stated it now has more supply than demand.
To date, 74.7 per cent of eligible residents have received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine while 62 per cent have been fully vaccinated.
Mobile clinics are also scheduled for this week and next to help improve the coverage rate among youth. While the clinics are aimed at youth they are open for all residents over the age of 12. The clinic schedule can be seen below:
Week of July 19th (all clinics are 10 am to 3 pm)
– Thursday, July 22nd – Comber – Centennial Central Public School
– Friday, July 23rd – Windsor – Assumption College Catholic
Week of July 26th (all clinics are 10 am to 3 pm)
– Tuesday, July 27th – Windsor – William G. Davis Public School
– Wednesday, July 28th – Leamington – Queen Elizabeth Public School
– Thursday, July 29th – Windsor – Sainte-Therese French Catholic
– Friday, July 30th – Windsor – Assumption College Catholic
– Saturday, July 31st – Windsor – Frank W. Begley Public School