Cohort sent home from Windsor Catholic high school
A group of students has been sent home from a local secondary school due to a confirmed case of the novel coronavirus.
The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board said Monday evening that a cohort of 11 students at F.J. Brennan Secondary School was dismissed after it received notification of a confirmed case.
According to Catholic board spokesman Stephen Fields, the group has been told not to report to class Tuesday.
“We have been working with the health unit by providing lists of students and staff who may have been directly affected,” said Fields in an email to BlackburnNewsWindsor.com. “The health unit is contacting any individuals, both students and staff, who may have been affected, and will give directions for them to follow.”
This is the second case confirmed at the English Catholic board within a week after a cohort was dismissed at St. Andre French Immersion School in Tecumseh.
According to the provincial register of school cases, six have been reported within the board so far, but no outbreaks have been declared. In each case, except for any dismissed cohorts, classes continued at each school as usual.
Classes will be held Tuesday as scheduled at Brennan, though parents are being reminded to monitor their kids for COVID-19 symptoms each morning and keep them home from school if they are sick.
Locally, there are five listed cases at the Greater Essex County District School Board; and one at CSC Providence, the French Catholic board.