Windsor Fire and Rescue pumper truck. Blackburn News file photo.

Dehumidifier causes early morning house fire

The electrical failure of a dehumidifier is to blame for an early morning house fire on Kennedy Drive West.

Windsor Fire reported the blaze just before 8 a.m. Sunday morning at a house on Kennedy Drive West near Roseland Drive West. Fire crews arrived to flames in the basement but were able to quickly get it under control. The fire was out by 8:15 a.m.

The cause is being listed as the electrical failure of a dehumidifier that was located in the home’s basement. Damage is pegged around $70,000. Everyone inside the home was able to get out safely.