UPDATE: Oily rags ignite to cause Dominion Boulevard house fire

A Windsor Fire and Rescue truck. Blackburn News file photo.

Damaged is pegged at around $100,000 following a house fire on Dominion Boulevard in Windsor.

Windsor Fire and Rescue said crews were called just before 2:30 p.m. on Friday to a home on Dominion near Totten Street. Fire officials said the blaze started in the kitchen after some oily rags ignited.

The fire was upgraded at first, but officials said it was soon brought under control.

The blaze was declared out around 4 p.m. Friday. and an investigator attended the scene to investigate. The cause of the fire has since been ruled as accidental.

Nobody was home at the time and no injuries were reported.