Emergency crews deal with another gas leak

Tecumseh Fire and Rescue incident command vehicle. Blackburn News file photo.

A commercial plaza in Tecumseh was evacuated following a gas leak.

Tecumseh fire officials said people were forced to leave their businesses on Lanoue Street just west of Manning Road after a strong smell of natural gas in the area around 9 a.m. on Wednesday. Enbridge Gas determined there was high levels of gas at Fratelli Pasta Grill and soon after isolated the gas leak.

People from other businesses were allowed to return to work shortly after.

One person was treated at the scene by paramedics but it’s not clear for what.

It’s the second gas leak in as many days in the Windsor area. There was a gas leak in Windsor on Tuesday morning on Continental Avenue just off Ambassador Drive just after 8 a.m. after a gas line was struck. There was construction in the area and four buildings were evacuated as a precaution.