UPDATE: Franco’s Pizza blamed on electrical failure

Windsor Police and fire crews are on scene at Francos on Tecumseh Rd. E. following an early morning fire on December 7, 2018. Photo by Mark Brown/Blackburn News.

Fire officials blame electrical failure for an accidental fire at Franco’s Pizza on Tecumseh Road East in Windsor.

The fire started in the kitchen, but the smoke caused damage throughout the building.

Nobody was hurt, but the damage total is around $350,000.

The fire, which started around 5 a.m. Friday, shut down Tecumseh Road East between Moy Avenue and Windemere Avenue for almost three hours during the busy morning commute.

The road is open again now.

A section of Tecumseh Road East in South Walkerville is open again after a fire early Friday morning.