UPDATE: Garage fire damage at $65K
Windsor fire officials say a hot battery charger was responsible for an overnight fire.
The fire started in a garage on John M Street, not far from Sandpoint Beach in East Riverside. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 2:30 a.m. on Monday.
The fire was contained to the garage and was declared out within a half-hour. The home suffered some smoke damage.
Windsor Fire and Rescue said later Monday morning that an overheated battery charger was the culprit, and damage is estimated at $65,000.
There were no injuries, but one person has been forced out of their home.
Fire last night on John M accidental started in garage overheated battery charger, damage $65,000, no injuries. *JL
— Windsor Fire (@WindsorFire1) October 29, 2018