Bargaining To Continue As Caesars Windsor Strike Marches On

The secretary/treasurer of Unifor 444 called out a bunch of people during a rally at Caesars Windsor strike headquarters on Tuesday. Apr. 8, 2018. (Photo by Paul Pedro)

The two sides of the ongoing strike at Caesars Windsor are finally headed back to the bargaining table, over a month after employees walked off the job.

Unifor Local 444, the union representing around 2,300 workers at Caesars, said Thursday night that management has reached out and the two sides will be sitting down for talks on Tuesday, May 15.  A conciliator will also be present, according to the union.

“It’s amazing what shaking the bushes brings out,” Unifor said in a post on social media.

Caesars Windsor announced earlier this week that it would be postponing all shows scheduled up to the end of May due to the ongoing strike.

The workers walked off the job on April 5 after rejecting a tentative deal. Unifor Local 444 presented a new offer to casino management five days later, but it was rejected during a brief sit down between the two sides on April 18.