Police Lay Gun Charges Following Serious CrashApril 27, 2017 11:02pm
Two men are facing firearm related charges following a serious two-vehicle crash in Tecumseh that sent them and two other people to hospital.
The Ontario Provincial Police say a Lexus and a Volkswagen collided head on between Walker Rd. and Sexton Side Rd., on Wednesday around 9:15am.
Police have now charged 21-year-old Satvir Singh of Windsor and 27-year-old Tariq Elamin of Toronto with the following offences:
- Two counts of careless use of a firearm
- Two counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm/ammunition
- Two counts of being an occupant of a motor vehicle knowing a firearm is present
- Possession of a firearm with a tampered serial number
Elamin is also charged with carrying a concealed weapon. Both men suffered serious injuries in the crash and remain in hospital in police custody.
Marcel Boucher, 70, and Linda Boucher, 66, of Essex remain in hospital with serious to life threatening injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation and anyone who may have information regarding this incident is asked to call Constable Chris Coene at 519-723-2491, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).