UPDATE: Colchester North School Evacuated
A possible gas leak caused the evacuation of Colchester North Public School in Essex.
A strange odour was detected after lunch on Tuesday and Union Gas and the Essex Fire Department responded to the scene to conduct an investigation.
Students and staff were transported to Essex District High School and remained there to finish out the school day.
The Greater Essex County District School Board reports that a malfunctioning valve is to blame for the odour, and it has since been repaired.
The school board says Colchester North Public School will be open, as scheduled, on Wednesday.