Two Windsor House Fires

BlackburnNews file photo. (Photo by Ricardo Veneza)

Fire crews were kept busy Saturday morning, dealing with not one but two house fires in Windsor.

The first blaze happened around 1:30am at a vacant house at 819 Wellington Ave.

The cause has yet to be determined, but the Windsor Fire and Rescue Service believes it started in the rear family room and caused $100,000 in damages.

Then, around 4:30am, crews responded to a fire at 4117 Wyandotte St E. The fire department say a dryer was improperly installed and not able to ventilate, which caused the blaze.

Firefighters were able to rescue two dogs and two cats from the semi-detached housing unit. The accidental fire caused $90,000 in damages.