UPDATE: Windsor Fire Injures Resident (Gallery)

Fire crews battle a blaze in the 2600-block of Scarsdale Rd, in Windsor, August 7, 2014. (Photo courtesy of Frank Krall)

A fire at a townhouse unit in the Forest Glade area of Windsor has sent one man to hospital.

Windsor Fire and Rescue Services spokesman John Lee says the fire started in one unit at 2667 Scarsdale Rd. where a family escaped unharmed.

A man in an adjacent unit suffered minor smoke inhalation and he has since been released from hospital.

Fire officials say accidental unattended cooking was to blame for the blaze that has displaced residents in four units.

Damage was previously pegged at around $100,000, but the Windsor fire department has since increased their estimation to around $220,000.