Victim Stabilizes After Downtown Fire

BlackburnNews.com file photo of a Windsor Fire and Rescue Services fire engine.

The Windsor Fire and Rescue Services says a fire at a downtown high-rise building started on the stove top in the kitchen of one unit.

A man, taken to hospital after the fire, is in stable condition after flames broke out on the 20th floor of the building around 6pm Wednesday.

Firefighters had the flames under control within half an hour, but the fire caused $50,000 damage.

Three tenants are displaced.