Stylish Awards Celebrating Local Business (Gallery)
Vito Maggio is the Entrepreneur of the Year Award winner at the 24th annual Business Excellence Awards put on by the Windsor-Essex Chamber of Commerce.
“It feels great,” says Maggio, commenting on being recognized with the award. Maggio owns Vito’s Pizzeria, O’Maggio’s Kildare House and plans on putting a new restaurant into the Walkerville Tavern building.
“It does work if you work hard at it and you believe what you’re doing,” says Maggio pointing to the passion needed for entrepeneurs to succeed. “I don’t care whatever you do, just believe what you’re doing. It’s going to work.”
Other big winners on the night were A.P. Plasman Inc. for Large Company of the Year, Luke Piskovic of Piskey’s Mobile Auto Wash and Detailing for New Company of the Year and Kay Douglas for the ATHENA Award recognizing business and professional excellence, community service and proving a role model for women to achieve their leadership potential.
Full list of 2014 Business Excellence Award winners:
- Small Company of the Year– Brave Control Solutions
- Rising Leader of the Year – Sarah Davidson
- Tourism & Hospitality – Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards LP
- Mid-Size Company of the Year – AlphaKOR Group
- New Business of the Year – Piskey’s Mobile Auto Wash & Detailing
- Innovation Award – Liqui-Force Services Inc.
- Professional of the Year – Peter Hrastovec
- International Business Award – Valiant Corporation
- Large Company of the Year – A.P. Plasman Inc.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Vito Maggio
- ATHENA Award – Kay Douglas
- Believe Windsor Essex Award – Green Shield Canada