Huron OPP lay weapons charges
Huron County Ontario Provincial Police officers have arrested and charged a Huron County man with a variety of weapons and breach of probation offences.
At approximately 5:46 p.m. on May 20, 2020, Huron OPP officers responded to a suspicious person call located on Burns Line. Officers arrived on the scene and quickly located the suspect sitting on a landscape rock at the end of a laneway. Officers also learned the male had been observed burying something near the rock. A check of the area was completed and an air pistol BB gun and a starter pistol were located.
Upon doing some checks on the male it was learned the suspect was allegedly in violation of his probation order as well as a prohibition order. Additionally, upon arrest the male was searched and he was found to be in possession of a prohibited weapon commonly known as a “flick knife”.
Steven Grayston, 35, of Goderich has been charged with the following offences:
· Carrying a Concealed Weapon
· Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
· Possession of a Firearm contrary to a Prohibition Order
· Possession of an Imitation Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose – Two counts
· Fail to Comply with Probation Order – Eight counts
He remains in custody with a court appearance scheduled for May 22, 2020 at the Ontario Court of Justice – Goderich.