Police issue notice in child sexual assault investigation
Investigators with the Sarnia Police Service believe there may be additional victims after a 56-year-old Toronto man, and former Sarnia resident, was arrested in connection to a historical child sexual assault investigation.
John Moyer is accused of allegedly abusing an 11-year-old child over a two-year period that began in 2004.
Sarnia Police said he was charged with the following offences:
– One count of sexual assault (between May 2004 and December 2006)
– One count of sexual interference (between May 2004 and December 2006)
– One count of sexual touching (between May 2004 and December 2006)
Sarnia police said Moyer was arrested in Toronto on these charges, however, he faces other charges related to a Toronto police investigation.
Toronto police said Moyer was charged with the following:
– Eight counts of sexual interference
– Two counts of invitation to sexual touching
– Make child pornography
– Possess child pornography
It’s believed Moyer had contact with other children since 2004 and there may be other possible victims, who investigators would like to speak with.
Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact Detective Patrick Moloney of the Sarnia Police Service Criminal Investigation Branch at 519-344-8861, extension 6239, or Sarnia Lambton Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.