Man faces 20 charges after drugs, guns seized
A 41-year-old man is facing nearly two dozen charges after police seized approximately $21,500 worth of drugs, guns, and stolen items.
Lambton County OPP said one person was arrested Monday evening for drug offences within the city of Sarnia. During the arrest, officers seized an unidentified amount of suspected methamphetamine and cash.
Later that night, members of the Lambton County OPP’s Community Street Crimes Unit and Anishinabek Police Service searched a residence on Max’s Drive at Kettle and Stoney Point First Nation.
Police said methamphetamine, two firearms, and stolen tools were seized during the search.
Donald Rivard, 41, of Kettle and Stoney Point First Nation is facing 20 charges, which have been listed below.
– Possession of a Schedule I Substance For the Purpose of Trafficking
– Possession of a Schedule I Substance
– Unauthorized Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm (two counts)
– Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition (two counts)
– Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
– Careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device, or ammunition (three counts)
– Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order (six counts)
– Possession of property obtained by crime, over $5,000
– Failure to comply with release order (three counts).
Rivard was held in police custody following a bail hearing on Tuesday. Charges against the accused have not been proven in court.
Provincial police are asking anyone with information in regards to the incident to contact OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or *OPP (677) on a mobile device. Anonymous tips can be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip online at sarnialambtoncrimestoppers.org.