UPDATE: Combustibles near stove spark Vidal Street fire

Sarnia fire at the scene of a house fire on Vidal Street. 21 July 2021. (BlackburnNews.com file photo)

Damage is estimated at around $60,000 in a house fire early Wednesday morning on Vidal St. S.

Sarnia Fire and Rescue responded to the 200 block at around 4:30 a.m.

Fire Life Safety Educator Mike Otis said everyone made it out of the home safely.

He said combustibles located near a stove ignited the blaze.

The roadway was closed off between Talfourd Street and Devine Street for over six hours but has since reopened.

 

Sarnia firefighters at the scene of a house fire on Vidal Street. 21 July 2021. (BlackburnNews.com file photo)

Sarnia firefighters at the scene of a house fire on Vidal Street. 21 July 2021. (BlackburnNews.com file photo)