Cannabis edibles suspected cause of illness at local high school

LKDSB in Sarnia. Blackburn News photo by Meghan Bond.

Sarnia police are investigating after several students were transported to hospital after becoming ill after allegedly consuming cannabis edibles at a dance at Alexander Mackenzie secondary school Friday afternoon.

A written statement from the Lambton Kent District School board said “If there were any concerns related to the the health and well-being of students in the building, we should share those concerns with the school community, in conjunction with local police and health officials.”

Police remind residents that cannabis edibles, including candies, cookies and chocolate are still illegal in Canada.