Discarded Cigarette Likely Cause Of Petrolia Area Fire

(BlackburnNews.com photo)

Fire officials say a discarded cigarette is the likely cause of a fast spreading house fire in Enniskillen Township, near Marthaville Saturday.

Petrolia Fire Chief Lawrence Swift says videos and photos submitted by nearby residents helped in the investigation.

Chief Swift says the fire started on the underside of the decking on the front porch and the most probable cause of ignition was a discarded cigarette.

He said it was the fastest moving fire he’s ever seen, racing through the Caroline St. home in less than three minutes.

Petrolia fire was assisted by Wyoming and Oil Springs fire crews.

No injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated at $200,000.