Hazardous Wastewater Processing Pilot Proposed

A private Cleantech Corporation is interested in setting up a second test facility in Sarnia.

KmX Corporation is seeking environmental approval for a hazardous wastewater processing facility at the Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park off Modeland Rd.

CEO Issac Gaon says treating the industrial wastewater will recover 80 per cent re-usable water and the remaining 20 per cent will become suitable for normal disposal methods.

Gaon says the pilot facility will treat a maximum 10,000 gallons of waste water over the two to three month period.

The facility would run from mid-December 2015 to March 2015, Monday through Friday, from 8am-8pm.

The proposal is posted for public review and comments until December 6.

In 2012, KmX set up a one-ton pilot plant in Sarnia to demonstrate how its membrane aided pathways to biofuels and green chemicals can reduce operational costs and complexity.