Huron-Bruce agricultural and horticultural societies to receive nearly $33,000
MPP Lisa Thompson announced $32,737.92 of provincial funding to support the agricultural and horticultural societies while in Tiverton on Saturday.
“The agricultural and horticultural societies in Huron-Bruce have traditionally done so much for our local communities,” Thompson said. “From main street beautification projects to hosting annual agricultural fairs, that provide important entertainment and agricultural education events, our local horticultural and agricultural societies celebrate the best of the best in community spirit as well as home craft initiatives such as baking and crafts through to livestock and crops.”
The money is part of the Agricultural and Horticultural Support and Recovery Funding Initiative and will be invested in two ways.
Base Support Funding – which will be issued to all eligible Agricultural and Horticultural Societies through payments of $1,000 as a means of supporting their continued incorporation and activities.
Hardship Funding for eligible Agricultural Societies – which will provide additional support based on reported gate revenues from 2019. This is intended to offset operating losses, liabilities, and fixed overhead costs related to land and buildings.
The nearly $33,000 will be spread across 27 organizations:
• Auburn Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Bayfield Agricultural Society: $1,325.68
• Brussels Agricultural Society: $1,076.68
• Brussels and District Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Clinton Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Dungannon Agricultural Society: $1,011.29
• Goderich & District Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Hensall & Community Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Howick Agricultural Society: $1,125.80
• Huron Central Agricultural Society: $2,395.70
• Kincardine & District Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Kincardine Agricultural Society: $1,225.05
• Kirkton Agricultural Society: $1,790.73
• Kirkton Horticultural society: $1,000
• Lucknow & District Horticultural society: $1,000
• Lucknow Agricultural Society: $1,000
• Mildmay Agricultural Society: $1,292.88
• Ripley & District Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Ripley Agricultural Society will receive $2,786.54
• Seaforth & District Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Seaforth Agricultural Society: $1,000
• Teeswater Agricultural Society: $1,000
• Teeswater-Culross Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Tiverton Agricultural Society: $1,284
• Walkerton Agricultural Society: $1,423.57
• Wingham Horticultural Society: $1,000
• Zurich Agricultural Society: $1,000.