A candle knocked over starts fire in Owen Sound apartment

A candle sparked a fire in an Owen Sound apartment Wednesday night.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bathroom and two bedrooms in the third-floor apartment unit on the west side of the city.

Tenants of the building had helped each other out of the building before emergency personnel arrived.

Three occupants were cleared by paramedics at the scene and Victim Services attended to assist the mother and her two young children.

A family member helped take the three to a shelter.

It is estimated that the fire caused several thousands of dollars in damages to the apartment.