UPDATE: Winter Weather Travel Advisory in Effect
A Winter Weather Travel Advisory has been issued by Environment Canada for the following areas:
- Bruce Peninsula – Sauble Beach – Tobernomy
- Saugeen Shores – Kincardine – Southern Bruce County
- Owen Sound – Blue Mountains – Northern Grey County
- Hanover – Dundalk – Southern Grey County
- Wingham – Blyth – Northern Huron County
- Goderich – Bluewater – Southern Huron County
- Listowel – Milverton – Northern Perth County
- Stratford – Mitchell – Southern Perth County
- Mount Forest – Arthur – Northern Wellington County
Bands of lake effect snow are expected to develop Tuesday night, making for poor driving conditions and reduced visibility on many roads and highways. Patchy freezing drizzle has been reported in some areas as well.
Amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected through those areas of the Bruce Peninsula before moving out in the overnight hours of Wednesday morning. Snowfall amounts of up to 10cm are possible in the Owen Sound and northern Grey County areas.
Areas closer to northern Wellington County may experience patchy freezing drizzle, light snow, or a mix of the two Tuesday evening.