Owen Sound Fire Victim Identified

(BlackburnNews.com file photo)

Owen Sound Police have identified a 78-year old woman who perished in an apartment fire December 28.

Julia Ann Leslie was extricated from her eighth floor apartment without vital signs.  Life saving efforts by the paramedics at the scene were attempted but they unable to revive her.  Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, and contain it to the deceased’s apartment unit.

The cause of death has been determined as smoke inhalation.  The investigation found the fire was started by a lit cigarette and foul play has been ruled out.