Police lay charges following argument involving weapons
Grey Bruce OPP officers have charged a Northern Bruce Peninsula man after a person was threatened with a firearm following an argument involving several parties.
On May 21 at 10:18 a.m. Grey-Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a weapons occurrence on Corey Crescent in Northern Bruce Peninsula.
A 19-year-old man is charged with multiple offences, including careless handling of a firearm, uttering threats to cause bodily harm, and assault with a weapon. The accused was held for a bail hearing on May 22.
The full list of charges is as follows:
- Three counts of Handle firearm in a careless manner, section 86 of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Three counts of Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose, section 88 of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Three counts of Uttering threats – cause death or bodily harm, section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Three counts of Assault with a weapon, section 267(a) of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Three counts of Pointing a firearm, section 87 of the Criminal Code (CC)