UPDATE: Palmerston Man Killed In Collision With Stolen VehicleJuly 12, 2018 5:45am
A Palmerston man is dead following a two-vehicle crash involving a stolen vehicle between Arthur and Teviotdale.
The Ontario Provincial Police say two pick-up trucks collided at the intersection of Concession 16 and Sideroad 15 in Mapleton at around 8am on Wednesday.
A Palmerston man, who was the only occupant in one of the trucks, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead. He has since been identified as 43-year-old Darren James More.
There were three people in the second truck and two passengers were airlifted to the hospital with life threatening injuries. They remain in hospital in critical condition.
The driver of the second truck, which police have discovered was stolen, suffered minor injuries.
Ethan Robert Noble, 21, of Harriston is now charged with the following offences:
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death
- Two counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
- Driving while impaired by drug
- Care and control of a motor vehicle while impaired by drug
- Theft of a motor vehicle
- Possession of property obtained by crime.
Noble is currently being held for bail.