Person may have been burned in suspicious house fire: Aylmer police
Aylmer police and fire officials are probing a suspicious fire that left only the attached garage standing at a newly built home.
Firefighters were called to the red brick house on Aspen Parkway just after 2:30 a.m. Friday. The blaze was extinguished without incident. However, damage is significant with one estimate putting it as high as $1 million.
No one was living in the new home yet, police said.
Investigators are treating the fire as suspicious and believe at least one person may have suffered severe burns as a result of the fire.
Anyone who knows someone with recent burn injuries or has information about this incident is asked to call police at 519-773-3144 or Crime Stoppers.
This is the second serious fire in Aylmer this week. On Monday night, a building on the south side of Talbot Street East between John and King streets went up in flames. No one was hurt, but ten people were displaced and what remained of the building had to be knocked down. Police said the fire was the result of unattended cooking.