Weapons charges laid against two London men
A pair of men from London were dealt a lengthy list of charges following a weapons investigation on the city’s southeast side.
Police were called to the area of Adelaide Street South and Osgoode Drive at around 10:20 p.m. on Saturday after a local tow truck driver was allegedly shot at by two men in a rival company’s tow truck.
Officers said the driver was travelling southbound on Adelaide Street South approaching Osgoode Drive, when he was followed by a rival company’s truck.
Once the driver passed Osgoode Drive, an occupant of the rival truck fired six rounds from a handgun at the man.
Police said five rounds struck the man’s tailgate and one round went through his rear windshield.
The suspect tow truck then fled the area, and was last seen travelling southbound on Dearness Drive. A description of the suspect tow truck was obtained as well as evidence that a firearm had been discharged in the area.
With the assistance of Halton Regional Police, officers were able to track the suspect tow truck into Oakville, Ontario and arrest the two suspects.
Two men, aged 25 and 21, both were charged with occupy motor vehicle with firearm, reckless discharge of a firearm with intent to injure and possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence.
The 25-year-old was additionally charged with breach of probation, and two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order. The 21-year-old was also charged with failing to comply with a releaser order, and failing to stop for police.
No injuries were reported.
Both men are scheduled to appear in London court Sunday in relation to the charges.