Gas leak leads to evacuation of several northeast London homes, businesses
A number of homes and businesses in northeast London had to be evacuated due to a gas leak Tuesday morning.
London firefighters were called to the Huron Heights Plaza at 1345 Huron Street, east of Highbury Avenue North after a gas line was severed just before 8 a.m.
Fire crews checked the air quality in all units of the plaza and in neighbouring homes, the fire department said.
No injuries were reported.
Enbridge workers arrived on scene and shut off the gas.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes shortly before 9 a.m.