Cooking fire causes $100K in damage

Fire crews battle a blaze on Bonaventure Drive on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. Photo courtest of the London Fire Department.

The London Fire Department says unattended cooking is to blame for a house fire in the east end.

Early Tuesday morning, fire crews were called to a home on Bonaventure Drive, where a blaze had broken out. Fortunately, no injuries were reported.

“Cause was unattended cooking,” the fire department said in a tweet. “The LFD reminds you to stand by your pan.”

Damage is pegged at more than $100,000.