Loblaws recalls No Name frozen chicken productsFebruary 9, 2019 10:06am
Loblaws is transitioning some of its No Name frozen chicken products from raw to 100 per cent fully cooked and has issued a voluntary recall as result.
The grocery giant announced the change on Friday, citing the potential risk of illness that’s associated with frozen raw chicken products. The transition will affect their frozen chicken nuggets, strips, and burgers.
The brand has issued a voluntary recall of all No Name® breaded frozen chicken products.
The recall includes all lot codes, sold on or before February 8, 2019 for the following products:
- No Name Chicken Nuggets: 907g, 2.0kg, and 3.0kg boxes
- No Name Chicken Strips: 907g and 2.0kg boxes
- No Name Chicken Burgers: 1.0kg, 2.0kg, and 3.0kg boxes
- $10 Chicken Fries: 1.8kg bags
These products were sold at the following stores in Ontario:
• Fortinos, Loblaws, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, Real Canadian Wholesale Club, valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs and affiliated independent stores
All affected products have been removed from store shelves and customers can return the product in-store for a full refund.