Unattened Pot Blamed For Blaze

Fire crews called to duplex at 177 Clarence St. December 15, 2015. Photo by Miranda Chant, BlackburnNews.com.

The London Fire Department is again reminding people to keep an eye on the food they are cooking after a blaze in the SoHo neighbourhood on Tuesday.

Fire crews were called to 177 Clarence St. around 6:30am, where fire had broken out in one of the units of a duplex.

Crews arrived to find smoke billowing out of the second floor, but they were able to douse the flames quickly.

Fire officials believe a pot of grease left unattended on a stove is to blame for the fire.

Luckily, there were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $125,000.