Charges Laid in Townhouse Explosion
London police say they have laid charges against a London man in connection with an explosion and fire at a Southdale Rd. townhouse on Friday.
Emergency responders were called to 1217 Southdale Rd. E. Friday night after reports of an explosion and fire.
The London Police Service found evidence of a marijuana extraction lab at the townhouse after handing the investigation over to the Auto Arson Unit.
Rueben Garcia, 26, is charged with the following:
- Arson by negligence
- Arson causing damage to property
- Arson with disregard for human life
- Occupant injuring a building
- Possession of a schedule 2 substance for the purpose of trafficking (three counts)
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
Police seized $53,490 worth of drugs.
No injuries were caused by the explosion and fire. Damage is estimated at $600,000.
Police are still looking for a man seen running from the area after the explosion.
He is described as Native or Hispanic, 5’8″-6′ tall, heavy set, with short dark hair.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.