Virtual COVID-19 assessment centres in Huron and Perth
Virtual assessment centres are being opened up in Huron and Perth to help those who can’t get to a physical location.
There is also work being done by teams that fall outside the municipal borders but are part of the area covered by what will be a new Area Family Health team.
In a release officials say there are steps people can take before using the Virtual Assessment Model.
If someone is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough or fever:
1. Complete the Ontario government’s On Line Assessment tool at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-
2. If the online tool tells you to seek clinical assessment, contact the office of your family doctor for a
phone assessment. If you do not have a family doctor, contact Huron Perth Public Health. It is
important that you do not visit your doctor’s office without calling first.
3. If further action is needed, you will be given directions by the assessor.
Currently, Virtual Assessment Services are available during Family Health Team office hours and during after-hours clinics where available. Officials ask that a person not show up without calling first.
* Bluewater Area Family Health Team: 519-236-4314
* Clinton Family Health Team: 519-482-3000
* Grand Bend and Area Community Health Centre
* Grand Bend site: 519-238-2362
*Hensall site: 519-262-3140
* Happy Valley Family Health Team: 519-284-3450
* Huron Community Family Health Team: 519-600-2273
* Maitland Valley Family Health Team/AMGH: 519-524-5412
* North Perth Family Health Team: 519-291-4200
* North Huron Family Health Team: 519-357-3930
* South Huron Medical Centre: 519-235-3343
* Stratford Family Health Team: 519-273-7017
* STAR Family Health Team
* O’Loane Medical Building: 519-273-1060
* Avon Family Medicine Centre: 519-508-1212
* Tavistock Community Health: 519-655-2322
* Huron Perth Public Health: 1-888-221-2133 ext. 3267
If calling for a Virtual Assessment after hours and on weekends, please call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or Huron Perth Public Health at 1-888-221-2133 ext. 3267.