CK police briefs – Thursday, September 30, 2021

Man accused of licking door handle, damaging window at business

A 35-year-old Chatham man is facing several charges after he allegedly licked a door handle at a Chatham business after he was denied entry.

Police said they were called in for a complaint about a suspicious person at the business Wednesday morning.

Officers said before they showed up, the man tried to enter the business, but he was turned away at the door.

Police said that’s when the man started licking the door handle and wrote on the window, causing some damage to it.

While police were investigating, they also learned that the man had allegedly damaged a separate business nearby and had threatened a manager there Tuesday night.

Officers arrested the accused and charged him with three counts of mischief and one count of assault with a weapon. He was taken into custody pending a bail hearing.


Man allegedly breaks in to residence by taking out air conditioner

A 26-year-old Wallaceburg man has been arrested and charged after he allegedly broke into a woman’s home by removing an air conditioner.

Chatham-Kent police said they were called to the scene Wednesday morning for a report of a domestic disturbance.

Officers said their investigation showed that the man had showed up at the residence and wasn’t allowed in, so he broke in instead.

Police said once the man was inside the residence, there was a “verbal altercation” before he allegedly assaulted the woman.

The accused was arrested, charged with break and enter with intent to commit assault, and later released pending a future court date.


Police pick up man wanted for robbery

A routine patrol in Chatham paid off for police Wednesday afternoon as they were able to find a man who was wanted for multiple robbery offences.

Officers said they arrested him in the area of Park Avenue West.

The 35-year-old man was arrested and taken into custody pending a bail hearing.


Another wanted man arrested

A 19-year-old Chatham man who was wanted for criminal harassment and uttering threats has been arrested.

Chatham-Kent police said they caught up with him Wednesday evening.

He was later released pending a future court date.