CK police briefs- Sunday, November 22, 2020

Break and enters in CK

Police are looking for information from the public following a pair of break-ins in the municipality.

On Saturday morning, officers responded to an apartment on McNaughton Avenue in Chatham for reports of a break and enter.

Sometime overnight an unknown person entered the apartment and took electronics and other household items. The investigation is ongoing and there are currently no suspects.

Meanwhile, early Sunday morning, police responded to a break and enter at a business on Marsh Street in Ridgetown after a motion alarm was set off.

An unknown person forced entry through a garage door to the warehouse and took several dried marijuana branches valuing approximately $5,000-$10,000.

The investigation is ongoing and there are currently no suspects.

Anyone with information on either incident is asked to call police or contact Crime Stoppers anonymously.

Bail violation arrests 

Police were able to nab multiple people this weekend across the municipality who were caught going against their bail conditions.

On Saturday afternoon, police received information about a man that was possibly at a residence on Reaume Avenue in Wallaceburg.

The man was on conditions not to attend the residence. He was located by officers in the backyard.

The 31-year-old was arrested for failing to comply with undertaking and taken to the police station for bail.

Elsewhere in Chatham, on Saturday night an officer on general patrol in the area of Raleigh Stree located a man who was breaching his curfew.

As a result, the 36-year-old was arrested for two counts of failing to comply with undertaking and transferred to police headquarters for booking and held for bail.

Lastly, on Saturday night, an officer on general patrol conducted a routine traffic stop on Richmond Street in Chatham.

A man and woman were in the vehicle. The man was on a release order with conditions not to communicate with the woman.

The 42-year old man was arrested for failing to comply with his release order and the 31-year old woman was arrested for facilitating the breach.

The pair were transferred to Chatham-Kent police headquarters for booking. The male was held for bail and the female was released with a future court date.