Accidental fire scorches porch in Tilbury
The cause is going down as “accidental” after a fire broke out at a home in Tilbury Thursday afternoon.
Chatham-Kent fire crews from Merlin, Tilbury, and Wheatley were all called to the scene at 119 Queen St. at around 3:45 p.m. Thursday.
Investigators said the fire started on the front porch and quickly spread to the attic.
The damage was estimated at $100,000, but no injuries were reported.
Fire officials are also reminding residents to have a working smoke alarm on every level of your home and working CO alarms outside of all sleeping areas.