CK police briefs – Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Shattered glass left behind in Chatham

A 40-year-old man who allegedly went on a rampage in Chatham is facing five mischief charges.

Police said a man threw rocks at windows, kicked in a door, and broke a patio table near Mary Street around 6 a.m. on Monday. The 40-year-old is also accused of shattering some windows at Riverview Gardens Retirement home and damaging a couple of vehicles — one of which ended up with a shattered windshield.

The Chatham man was arrested and held in custody for a bail hearing.


Wallaceburg crash results in charges

A crash involving a hydro pole has resulted in charges for a 24-year-old man.

Police said the driver is charged with careless driving and failing to remain at the scene after a vehicle left the road in Wallaceburg and hit a hydro pole.

The single-vehicle crash happened around Baldoon Road and Heritage Line on Monday around 2 a.m. Damage to the vehicle is estimated at $8,000 and damage to the hydro pole is pegged at around $3,000.


Police investigate Blenheim break-in

Chatham-Kent police are asking for tips from the public regarding a break-in in Blenheim.

Police said someone broke into a grain elevator on Industrial Road sometime between Saturday and Monday. The break-in caused about $100 in damages.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).


Chatham man arrested at police headquarters

A 37-year-old Chatham man is facing charges in connection with a domestic violence investigation.

Police said the Chatham man allegedly forced his way into his partner’s home earlier this month and had a weapon on him at the time. However, he was gone by the time officers arrived.

The accused was later arrested at Chatham-Kent police headquarters for mischief under $5,000 and having a dangerous weapon.


Police called about intoxicated man

A 44-year-old man spent the night in a holding cell after being arrested for public intoxication.

Police said the man was found on Grand Avenue East in Chatham, unable to care for himself. He was charged and held in custody until sober.