Dog given oxygen after fire

Dog being given oxygen by CKFES after a blaze on Dunkirk Dr. in Chatham on Thursday, August 8. (Photo courtesy of @ckfiredept via. Twitter)

Emergency crews were called to a house fire on Dunkirk Drive in Chatham Thursday afternoon.

Crews from station one and two responded, along with EMS, police, and victim services.

Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services tweeted that a dog was given oxygen at the scene and was taken to a local veterinarian. Fire officials later tweeted that the puppy was okay.

No other injuries were reported. The fire is under investigation, and no damage estimate has been released yet.