Firefighters battle a house fire in the area of Grant Street and Chatham Street in Chatham, May 8, 2019. (Photo courtesy of Chatham-Kent Fire and Emergency Services)

House fire near downtown Chatham causes power outage (VIDEO & GALLERY)

Over 100 Entegrus customers were without power after a house fire broke out in Chatham.

Chatham-Kent firefighters were called to the area of Grant Street and Chatham Street at around 5 p.m. on Wednesday. Two fire stations responded to the fire, which appeared to have caused significant damage to the back of the house. Flames could also be seen shooting out the of the roof.

Fire officials said initial reports indicated that there were children in the house when the fire broke out, however, firefighters conducted a search and no one was found. All residents have been accounted for and no injuries have been reported.

A damage estimate has not been provided.

Entegrus reported at around 6:30 p.m. that approximately 113 customers were experiencing an outage due to the fire.  All power was restored just after 9 p.m.