Next court date set for Wallaceburg man accused of attempted murder
The case of a 33-year-old Wallaceburg man accused of attempted murder has been pushed back to May 10.
Michael Authier is accused of shooting an 18-year-old woman earlier this year in the area of King Street and Albert Street in Wallaceburg.
He was arrested and charged on February 26.
During Tuesday’s hearing, Authier was not present but he was represented by his attorney Frank Retar. This was the third time this specific case has been brought before the court. Retar said he will be meeting with a prosecutor for additional disclosure on the case before returning to the courtroom in just over two weeks.
On March 24, Authier was released on bail after his mother and father pledged $25,000 each to act as sureties.
Authier is also facing three separate charges including theft and possession, dangerous driving and failure to appear. Retar said the failure to appear charge was a result of the accused’s lawyer not being present, adding the respective lawyer has a history of failing to appear.
The case has not been appointed to a crown prosecutor, said Retar.
There is a publication ban on the case so any evidence or anything said in court cannot be reported.