Teens charged in assault
Two teenagers have been charged following the assault of a 66-year-old man at the Chatham Cenotaph.
Police had previously reported that on November 10, around 9 p.m., a man standing vigil was approached by two young men and a woman.
An argument between the two sides ended with an assault against the 66-year-old. He didn’t need medical attention.
Police said the three people took off before officers could get to the cenotaph.
A 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, both from Chatham, were identified and charged with assault on Thursday. The teens have a court date set for December 10.
Chatham-Kent police said the woman in the trio was not charged.