Teen stopped by OPP, faces several chargesNovember 9, 2018 3:04pm
A teenager is facing eight charges for allegedly taking someone else’s vehicle for a joyride, while impaired.
Chatham-Kent OPP said officers conducted a traffic stop on Main Street in Ridgetown around 12:30 a.m. on November 9.
It’s alleged that the 17-year-old had alcohol on her breath and failed a roadside test. The teenage driver from West Perth is now charged with a list of offences, which include:
- Drive a motor vehicle with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol in the blood
- Take a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent
- possession of property obtained by crime
- Fail to surrender licence
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero
- Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available
- A person under 19 having liquor
- A person under 19 consuming liquor.
The driver has a court date scheduled for December 3.