Police Briefs-Sunday, August 5, 2018

If the police ever come looking for you, under the bed might not be the best hiding spot.

Police say on September 7, 2016, a woman was released from custody with several conditions. One of those conditions stated that she was not allowed to contact or communicate with a specific man.

Then Saturday morning, police received a phone call requesting assistance because the woman had been in contact with the man. She was later found in the residence hiding under the bed.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested and charged with failing to comply. She was remanded into custody and is awaiting a bail hearing on Tuesday.

A man has been charged with trespassing after refusing to leave the Downtown Chatham Centre parking garage.

Police say on Saturday at around 10:40am, officers responded to the mall parkade.

According to police, security staff requested assistance in removing a man from the premises who refused to leave the area.

Officers located the man, but he refused to identify himself and was allegedly under the influence of drugs. He was taken into custody for his own safety.

A 22-year-old man of no fixed address was charged under the Trespass to Property Act for failing to leave the premises once directed. He was released later in the evening when sober.

A Chatham man accused of stealing a van from a local business has been charged.

Police say a 2004 Chevrolet van was stolen from a business on St. Clair St. in Chatham Wednesday evening.

Then on Saturday, police received information about the location of the stolen vehicle and a suspect.

A 22-year-old Chatham man has been charged with possession of property obtained by a crime over $5,000. He was released with conditions pending a future court date of Aug 21.

A Chatham man is spending time behind bars after being out past his court-ordered curfew.

On Sunday at around 2am, officers stopped a vehicle on Fielder Ave. in Chatham.

Police discovered that the man had a condition to be in his residence between the hours of 9pm and 6am.

A 19-year-old Chatham man was arrested and charged with failing to comply. He was remanded into custody until Tuesday for a bail hearing.