Drugs, Firearms, Property Seized During Search
A search at a couple of residences on Delaware Nation – Moravian of the Thames has led to the recovery of several stolen items and seizure of thousands of dollars worth of illicit drugs.
Chatham-Kent OPP say they searched the two residences on April 27, with help from other police forces in Elgin/Middlesex and Moraviantown First Nation.
During the search, police say they found drugs, firearms, and thousands of dollars worth of property.
A 46-year-old Moraviantown man has since been charged with:
- Three counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Six counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Two counts of breach of firearms regulation – Store firearm or restricted weapon
- Seven counts of possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order
- Two counts of possession of a weapon
- Three counts of possession of schedule I substance – other drugs
- Possession of a schedule I substance – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule II substance – resin – over 1 gram
- Possession of a schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking- cannabis marijuana- under 3 kilograms
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
The 46-year-old man was held for a bail hearing.