Police Briefs – Friday, March 9, 2018

Throwing a lamp has landed a woman in Howard Township with an assault charge.

Police were called Thursday morning after the suspect allegedly hit her common-law partner in the arm with the lamp.

She wasn’t home when officers arrived, but she turned herself in at headquarters that afternoon.

The 26-year-old was charged with assault with a weapon and was released with a future court date.


A Chatham man is in lots of trouble after he was arrested twice in one day.

The man was charged with mischief Thursday morning and was released with a number of conditions, including one to not go near a specific woman.

But just after 3pm, the man allegedly went to her home. He fled before officers arrived but was arrested a couple hours later.

The 25-year-old was then charged with failing to comply.


A Chatham man has turned himself into police.

On February 24, officers were called to a home in Chatham after the suspect allegedly threatened another man while in possession of a knife.

He took off before police arrived, so a warrant was issued for his arrest.

The 37-year-old turned himself in Thursday morning and was charged with assault with a weapon, and uttering threats.


Failing to show up for fingerprinting has landed a Wallaceburg man in custody.

Police say the man was charged with theft and possession of stolen property back in January.

He was released with a date for fingerprinting but never showed.

The 52-year-old was found Thursday morning and was arrested.


Chatham-Kent police are investigating after $5,000 worth of property was stolen.

The theft on Oakdale Rd. happened sometime between 5pm on March 6, and 4pm on March, 8.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Chatham-Kent police, Crime Stoppers.


A Chatham man has been charged with failing to comply after allegedly trying to run from an officer.

Police say the man was released from custody in February with several conditions, including one that state he live at a specific residence.

Officers later learned he was not there so a warrant was issued for his arrest.

The 29-year-old was spotted by police riding a bicycle on Princess St. near Wellington St. Thursday night.

He allegedly tried to take off, but he was taken into custody and charged.